Is this treatment for you? Yes, if you are an athlete, runner or engage in sporting activities which requires your physical and mental strength to perform at its optimal level.
The use of massage for the treatment and prevention of athletic injuries is referred to as a Sports Massage. It can be incorporated into a training programme as a warm-up and cool-down for an event to assist in preventing injury and aid in the rehabilitation process.
- Improving suppleness and flexibility of muscles and joints
- Maintain body functioning at optimum level
- Speeds up the recovery and healing time for injured tissues
- Increase fitness capabilities and improve performance potential
- Act as a preventative measure by working on problem areas of the body
- Breaks down adhesions (sticking) of tissues which can cause tightness and stiffness in areas
Please note: It is recommended that massage should not be carried out until at least 48 hours after an injury, when the risk of bleeding and swelling has decreased.